Sunday, July 24, 2016

Election 2016 - The lost Twilight Zone Episode

The internet is on fire with the e-mail revelations about the DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign, the stripping of Debbie Wasserman Schultz of her Convention speaking slot, and her subsequent resignation.



Meanwhile, the unmooredness of this election from any sense of norms or even reality seems to grow ever greater. I next come across this.


Supposedly from the Clinton campaign:
I want to thank my longtime friend Debbie Wasserman Schultz for her leadership of the Democratic National Committee over the past five years. I am grateful to Debbie for getting the Democratic Party to this year's historic convention in Philadelphia, and I know that this week's events will be a success thanks to her hard work and leadership. There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie--which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign's 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states. I look forward to campaigning with Debbie in Florida and helping her in her re-election bid--because as President, I will need fighters like Debbie in Congress who are ready on day one to get to work for the American people.
Surely that can't be right? (I know, I know - Don't call me Shirley) The Clinton campaign is accused of inappropriately colluding with the DNC to rig the system for Clinton. Accusation is pooh-poohed in the media. E-mails reveal the accusation is true. Leader of the DNC resigns and immediately accepts a position in the Clinton campaign?

No, No, No. That has to be a spoof.

A quick check on the New York Times sheds no light but paragraph 32, (THIRTY-TWO!!!), in the Washington Post seems to confirm it. If I were a Bernie supporter, I would be livid at the crony-capitalism, insider dealing and rewarded dishonesty on display.

This election cycle has the hallmarks of a lost Twilight Zone episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment