Monday, March 21, 2022

I can’t decide whether I need more time Or do I need a more determined will?

From Sonnets From Later Life 1981 – 1993.  5-6 May 1992

To My Desktop
by Kenneth Boulding

My desktop is an appalling clutter
Of things unread, unanswered, every one
Reminding of things I haven’t done,
Of thought unthought and words I didn’t utter.
And all I ever seem to do is putter.
I deal with some things, then what seems a ton
Of mail comes in – I’m tempted then to run,
My mind feels like an overflowing gutter.

I can’t decide whether I need more time
Or do I need a more determined will?
But change in Will’s an order hard to fill,
And nothing stops the clock’s relentless chime.
But whether I can find the will – oh, well!
That is a story only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment