Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Parable of the Monkeys

Maybe I don't read broadly enough but in the tens of thousands of words consumed since the election, representing insightful and oblivious, smart and ill-informed, wise and foolish, I have not come across this clever summary. Once seen, it seems an obvious play on tropes and words but somehow this is the first.

This is from the comments section of The Democrats can’t stop digging by Ed Rogers.

Click to enlarge.

I am not focused on the humor or the political slant. It is the idea that an obvious pun can lie latent so long before surfacing. Of course, this might simply be the fact that what I read is not statistically representative and that this pun is already well circulated but beyond the boundaries of my awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment