Friday, May 24, 2013

A minuscule sigh in the crown of eternity.

I picked up a Karin Fossum book at a library sale last week. I like those sales as the books are really cheap and it provides an opportunity to sample authors and styles beyond your normal reading tastes without breaking your book buying budget. In this case it was a very good purchase. I like Scandinavian Noir (Fossum is Norwegian) in general and Fossum is much more in the league of some of my favorites than other authors. Don't Look Back is the book I just finished. A gripping murder mystery. I often will try the first few pages of these library samplers and if it looks good, then hold it for the beach in the summer. In this case, too gripping to wait.

A good line.
The car crunched over the gravel road to Lundeby Church. It was floodlit now and stood in the pink-colored light with solemn self-possession, as if it had stood there forever. In reality it was only 150 ears old, a minuscule sigh in the crown of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment