Thursday, June 30, 2011

To be a Frenchman abroad is to be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable

Other quotes from the imminently quotable Ambrose Bierce.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me!

"Abroad, adh. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable."

Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.

Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding.

Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.

There is nothing new under the sun but there are lots of old things we don't know.

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum (I think that I think, therefore I think that I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment