Thursday, September 20, 2018

How is everyone not enraged by mean-girl classism?

Shocking all around. A friend of accuser Christine Blasey Ford makes big waves yesterday issuing a statement appearing to support Ford's story. Given the high profile of the case, the media instantly wants to know the details. Leading to:


So we have one person making a completely unsubstantiated claim, thirty-five years after the alleged incident, without any specificity or detail, with no prior public or private claim, and inconsistencies in the few details offered and a claim made under circumstances which appear to be entirely for political purposes who is then supported by a friend who then has to completely backtrack her statements. From NPR:
A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't."
This sure looks like the mainstream media got completely pranked by mean-girl culture.
"In my post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]," she says. "I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels."
I was empowered????

I hope it is not too uncharitable to read this as:
It was fun to say something to hurt someone else even if I didn't know what I was talking about.
Are there any adults left in the mainstream media or in the Capitol? Our whole system of governance is being hijacked by establishment privileged mean-girls who want their way without obeying any of the rules which apply to everyone else and with no regard to how their actions damage anyone else? They want to be able to insist that the whole nation listen to their claims without having to offer evidence? They want to dictate the terms of their involvement in a way that anyone outside of the establishment could never hope to have considered?

The Founding Fathers would be appalled at their small-minded, grinch-like, morally leprous heirs in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment