Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Power Tools

MBA School, Wharton 1983-85. The class of 1984 formed a B-School band doing covers and parodies of contemporary hits as well as performing in the annual MBA school theatrical production, Wharton Follies. That band was . . . The Power Tools. One of my favorite of their songs was a parody of Every Breath You Take by The Police. That parody was The Test, complete with requisite HP12c calculators and a cameo by the then cutting edge green screen Compaq "portable" computer.


Courtesy of the wonder of the internet and YouTube, I came across an ancient recording of The Test for the 1984 Wharton Follies. From VHS to digitization to an MP3 file, time marches on.


Double click to enlarge.

I could not but feel my age when one of my sons, while watching, commented - "Cool. Look, a floppy disk."

No comments:

Post a Comment