Thursday, February 20, 2020

All weather is local weather

An oddly startling experience. It has been raining off and on for the past couple of weeks with a mix of high winds, drizzle, high winds, mist. Choppy weather as it were.

I have an office a mile and a half away which I sue only intermittently. A five to ten minute drive at most.

Just now I get an alert from Nest that it is detecting movement on the exterior of the office. I take a look at the video and sure enough, there are high winds there, the 50-70 foot pines bending far over. Pretty dramatic.

And as I sit here in my home office, looking out into the the nature preserve, there is drizzle but at most some leaf flutters. No movement of the trunks, no dramatic winds at all. Still and quiet.

Just a mile and a half away.


No comments:

Post a Comment