Tuesday, September 17, 2024

When I get a little money, I buy [Mike Huemer's] books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes.

There is a new book out, Progressive Myths by the philosopher Michael Huemer.  Look interesting, so I go to investigate.  The blurb is:

Do women really get paid 30% less than men for the same work? Do American police regularly murder unarmed black men just for being black? Is global warming really going to destroy human civilization? This book answers these and other questions about the state of our society. A sober look at the evidence reveals that many factual claims used to support progressive political views are false, exaggerated, or radically misleading. After exposing a series of these myths, the author explains how and why progressive myths have become popular, why they are harmful, and how we can avoid being taken in by political myths.

OK.  Good enough.  But I am really sold it based on the endorsements:

"When I get a little money, I buy [Mike Huemer's] books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes."    –Erasmus

"If only I had listened to Mike Huemer, millions might not have had to die in the 20th century."    –Karl Marx

"This book is terrible. Never listen to Mike Huemer."    –Satan

With endorsements like that, who could say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment