Monday, November 5, 2018

Hands free governance

I don't understand politicians and political consultants. I have been getting Beto ads for a month or more despite living in Georgia. I have been getting this ad for a couple of days now. One day is an error, two days is a deliberate intent.

This is a candidate who was involved in a DUI back in the late 1990s. Even if he were just any politician, driving without your hands on the wheel is simply the worst possible signal. Illegal, careless, irresponsible, a terrible metaphor.


Click to see the video.

But apparently the political advisors don't see it that way since it continues to run. Or perhaps it is an effective ad and no one else has the same take-away as I do. A mystery to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, but I think, for the intended audience (mostly women, IMO), they are supposed to feel like they are in the car with the charming Beto and he is talking intimately to them as he personally drives them around.

    ReplyDelete