Kranzberg's laws of technology
Melvin Kranzberg's six laws of technology state:
1. Technology is neither good nor bad; nor is it neutral.
2. Invention is the mother of necessity.
3. Technology comes in packages, big and small.
4. Although technology might be a prime element in many public issues, nontechnical factors take precedence in technology-policy decisions.
5. All history is relevant, but the history of technology is the most relevant.
6. Technology is a very human activity - and so is the history of technology.
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Technology is neither good nor bad; nor is it neutral
Melvin Krantzberg sounds like he was an interesting guy. I came across him while researching the origins of what turns out to have been the first of his six laws of technology. From Wikipedia.